The 4th Quarter of 2018 for EWMC LA 11 was very eventful.
We had both our Fundraiser Dinner and our National Day of Service.
Our Fundraiser Dinner is our 3rd Annual event where we used it to Raise Money to fund our National Day of Service Outreach projects in the County of Los Angeles and to raise awareness in our Community as IBEW Local 11 and The Electrical Workers Minority Caucus.
We held the event, themed Casino Royale, at Delancey Street Foundation in Hollywood. This is an organization located at a facility that used to be a Hilton Hotel. It is a Rehabilitation center that houses the participants at the facility. These folks are trying to get their lives back together and work in one of the six businesses the foundation runs while they’re rehabbing their lives.
We had about 150 people attend our fundraiser dinner. It was a great way of building relationships with our NECA contractors who also support and believe in opportunities for all. Members of EWMC, NECA and IBEW Local 11 were able to fellowship in a good environment and enjoy each others company. It was a success and well attended. We gave Appreciation Awards to Contractors and Organizations and Service Awards to fellow IBEW/EWMC members.
We then focused on our National Day of Service projects. We were able to participate in doing six projects for the National Day of Service. We performed in Projects like:
- Doors of Hope – Women's and Family shelter for formerly battered Women where we repaired and repainted the Front fence.
- Church Homeless food giveaway – We fed the Homeless
- Operation Gratitude – We made care packages for Veterans serving overseas
- Homeboys Project – Install Electrical and paint for a Vocational neighborhood Pre-apprentice program.
- Hollywood Post 43 – Install Electrical for Veterans Post for their Projectors
- Rehab Facility – troubleshoot and install Electrical at a Transition Housing facility.
We had more than 90 members participate in all the activities resulting in over 720 hours of service.
This next Quarter we will be going to the National Conference. We will also be looking to make some donations to some local schools in the Los Angeles area.
EWMC LA 11 President